One Year Pre-Health Masters Degree in AHBR
The one year Master of Science in Applied Health Behavior Research (AHBR) degree is designed to be completed in three semesters and includes nine credit hours of mentored research with faculty who are leaders in their fields, at an institution internationally recognized for groundbreaking work in medicine and research.
This option provides hand-on training for pre-health students interested in pursuing careers in a variety of medical and health-related fields. Through the practical experience provided students planning a gap year prior to applying to medical school, have opportunities to fulfill specific medical school core competencies and enhance their applications.
Required Core Courses:
- Project Management in Clinical and Community Settings (M88-508, 3 credits)
- Health Behavior Theory (M88-514, 3 credits)
- Introduction to Biostatistics (M88-525, 3 credits)
- Survey Methods: Design and Evaluation (M88-560, 3 credits)
Required Concentration Courses:
- Mentored Research (M88-505, 9 credits over 3 semesters)
- Foundations of Health Care Research (M88-524, 3 credits)
Classes are held on the Washington University School of Medicine campus in late afternoon or early evening to accommodate graduate students in other programs and working adults. See the AHBR Course Descriptions page for more details and syllabi.
The AHBR program also offers a 15-credit Graduate Certificate in Health Behavior Planning and Evaluation.
Email Us: AHBR Program Inquiries »