- Summer & Fall 2017 Course Registration is now open. Go to Webstac to register for Summer classes or contact Suzie Fragale firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- The 2017-2018 Academic Calendar is available.
- 6/6 “Efficient Learning Strategies Workshop”, 11am-Noon, Holden Auditorium, FLTC, Medical Campus. See flyer (pdf) for more details. RSVP to email@example.com as space is limited
- 8/1 Final thesis form, and thesis submission documentation due to Jen McKanry firstname.lastname@example.org for all August 2017 graduates.
- Use WebSTAC to check your grades, file your Intent to Graduate, browse course offerings, and update personal contact information with the university.
Scholar Weekly Announcements
CRTC Weekly Announcements for Scholars – 05/25/2017
This weekly newsletter contains updates for CRTC Postdoctoral Scholars regarding seminar and other class information and deadlines, CRTC program notes, funding opportunities, useful resources, and upcoming events. For suggestions or items for this newsletter, please contact email@example.com.
Seminar and Class Information
CRTC Program Notes
- The Office of Training Grants (OTG) has developed a Grant Library (WUSTL Box) to serve as a centralized resource for grant writers/investigators at different career stages. To share a copy of your awarded grant, please contact Betsy Abente, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Cancer Genomics and Outcomes Research STRENGTH (Short-Term Education and Growth Through Hands-On Experience) Program is currently seeking applications. This online training program is designed for postdoctoral scholars(PhDs or MDs) who are still training or Junior Faculty who are interested in pursuing patient oriented cancer research. The STRENGTH program will provide didactic training which includes online learning modules, hands-on lab experience, ongoing mentor research, career development seminars and some funding for educational expenses or travel to scientific meetings. Applications and additional information may be found at: R25STRENGTH.wustl.edu
- Use of CRTC poster printer is by appointment only. Please make your reservation several days in advance with Jen Mosher, email@example.com or Amy Toenjes, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Don’t forget to cite the ICTS grant(s) on your publications and presentations. Visit the CRTC grant citations webpage for complete citation information.
- Please be sure to request a PMCID for any peer-reviewed article that is published citing an NIH grant. The NIH will begin withholding funding from scholars and programs who do not comply with the Public Access Policy.
- Private Funding Opportunities
- Washington University Internal Competitions
- ICTS – Just-in-Time (JIT) Core Usage Funding Program
- Quick access to funding to use any of the ICTS Cores for research advancing medical knowledge that can improve human health
- New NIDDK Policies for Salary and Research Costs on K08 and K23 Awards
- FDA Opportunities
- Regulatory Science Training Fellowship: development training content for drug development and regulatory decision making.
- Call for Proposals: Pfizer’s Centers for Therapeutic Innovation
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute New Investigator Competition.
- Establish eligibility and apply here: www.hhmi.org/research/application/comp2018
- Diabetes Research Center Pilot & Feasibility Awards
- grant submission deadline 7/10
- Early Career Development Award
- Submission deadline 11/15
- online application
- Call for Applications: KL2 Career Development Awards Program
- Applications open June 1st
- For more information, and to apply visit here: https://crtc.wustl.edu/programs/junior-faculty/kl2/
- Email CRSCHOLARS@email.wustl.edu with questions
- Federal Grant Requirements – New Guidelines for Uniform Guidance
- Washington University Libraries – workshops for advanced researchers
- NIH Notice for Investigators and Staff Involved in Clinical Trials
- HHS and NIH Announce New Initiatives to Enhance Availability of Clinical Trial Information
- NIH Policy on Proposal Requirements for Clinical Trials
- will require all applications involving one or more clinical trials be submitted through a Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) specifically designed for clinical trials. Target effective date is 9/27/17
- Revised NIH Grants Policy Statement (GPS) applies to all NIH grants and cooperative agreements with budget periods beginning on or after 10/1/16.
- RMS Development/PAAMCO Project Update
- COI January Module Launch Postponed; New COI Umbrella Website
- RMS Update
- Federal Human Subjects Protection Final Rule Published
- Research Gateway Moving to New Portal. ONE Project Page
- NRMN Recognizes Women Leaders in Science – Past, Present, and Future
- NIH Regional Seminars on Funding and Grants Administration
- 6/7 DAP Diversity Summit – SLU Busch Student Center
- 6/8-9 17 AAMC Integrating Quality Meeting: Achieving the Quadruple Aims
- 6/19 – 26 Brown School Summer Institute
- Space is limited, register early if interested.
- Target audience is graduate students and/or professionals working in related areas.
- Classes can be taken for credit if desired. Contact Suzie Fragale email@example.com for details on how to register for the class if interested in academic credit. (Note MSCI tuition rates would apply instead of the training cost listed on the website. Classes are eligible for the HR tuition benefit).
- More information is available HERE.
- 7/5-26/17 Summer Training for Underrepresented Junior Faculty
- Cardiovascular Genetics and Epidemiology (GCE)
- Washington University. Apply.
There is a poster printer in the CRTC which is available for scholar use by appointment. The cost is $50 per poster. Posters can be printed on 36″ or 42″ gloss paper rolls. To schedule an appointment contact Jen Mosher, firstname.lastname@example.org or Amy Toenjes, email@example.com
Washington University School of Medicine does not endorse or guarantee the accuracy of information contained on websites of non-affiliated external sources. Read the School of Medicine’s Policy on Links to Third-Party Websites to learn more.