Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Applicants must submit all required documents in order to be considered for the TL1 Program. An in-person or online interview will be required for applicants in the final round of selection.
- TL1 Postdoctoral Trainees are required to have a PhD, MD, MD/PhD, or DVM degree prior to starting the program.
- Applicants must be citizens, non-citizen nationals of the United States, or permanent residents.
- Individuals supported by other Federal funds are not eligible for concurrent support to be provided by the TL1 Program.
- Interest in accelerating translation through commercialization and entrepreneurship.
In addition to the materials detailed below, applicants must submit:
- A PDF of the online application form and reference letters (information below) to email@example.com with the subject line “TL1 Post-Doctoral Application: [Applicant Name].”
- A cover letter and a copy of their current curriculum vitae.
Applicants must submit a copy of an official transcript from their doctoral degree program. It is the responsibility of the applicant to request the official transcript to be mailed by the institution directly to:
TL1 Postdoctoral Program
Clinical Research Training Center
Washington University School of Medicine
660 South Euclid Avenue, Campus Box 8051
St. Louis, MO 63110
Applicants must submit a one-page statement outlining their research interests or proposed project and how they relate to this program.
Applicants must identify a mentor within the description of research interests and must have the named mentor provide a letter of support for the application (see below). If applicable, applicants must also identify whether they plan to work with their own ideas and/or commercializable products during this appointment, or if they will work with their mentor’s projects.
The application also requires that one letter of reference be sent via email to the TL1 Program. It is the responsibility of the applicant to request the letter of reference. Letter of Reference must be submitted by the reference, not the applicant.
The application requires that a letter of support be submitted via email to the TL1 Program directly from the proposed mentor, not the applicant. Mentor letters must note the support that will be provided to the fellow throughout the appointment.
Applicants must contact the program mentor to discuss the project prior to submitting the application